Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Shaped Card Challenge

I am so excited that the Paige card challenge is back on the Northridge Publishing Blog!  I used to participate in those very regularly and decided to try to get back into the swing of things!  This week's challenge was to do a shape card.  Definitely a challenge - as I don't do a lot of shape cards.  But I hopped on my computer and found several that I had been um, hoarding, in my silhouette software.  This was the one that jumped out at me!  I also am linking this up to the Paper Issues current issue: Tip-toe thru Tu-lips
Triangles are so fun and I haven't seen many people play with this card, so I figured why not!  It came with the intricate flower overlay and that's where the real challenge came in!  I wasn't sure what to do - go matchy, go all different.  But something about the flowers was screaming Doodlebug to me.  So I punched out circles from a sheet of Doodlebug paper from the "Take Note" line.  I couldn't do it on my machine because the paper was pretty detailed...it would've taken forever to figure out how to cut it.  So I went old school with the punch :).  After I glued all those down, I popped the petals up, simply by folding them upwards.  I then used a pixie stick and created a little flag for my sentiment, adding a coordinating washi tape flag and heart.  Lastly I went in and added some IRocks from Imaginisce in between my flowers.  Oh so much fun to create - a great challenge!

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Doodlebug Design
Irocks: Imaginisce
Pixie Stick: Doodlebug Design
Stickers: Doodlebug Design
Washi Tape: Doodlebug Design
Cardstock: American Crafts

5 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

oh this is adorable!

Karenladd said...

Oh yikes this is SO cute! Love the combination of the circles with that triangular shaped card.

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I love all the bright, happy colors and the fun shape!

Cathy said...

way cute and so clever!

Unknown said...

I love the idear I am going to give it a go

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...